COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates and Extra Temporary Measures
Dear Valued Patients,
Our office will be open “by appointment only” until further notice, for the safety of our patients and staff.
Please call or text us at 585-427-0780 to schedule an appointment if:
- You need immediate eye care
- You have an eye related emergency
- You need to pick up glasses or contact lenses
We are checking our text messages, voicemails, and emails frequently, and will respond as quickly as possible.
In compliance with the CDC and NYS Department of Health, and to limit the potential spread of COVID-19, all upcoming appointments in March that are non-urgent will be rescheduled to April or later this year. If your appointment was scheduled in March then we will be contacting you to reschedule.
Please read the important information below about these temporary changes, and how our office will operate “by appointment only” to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
Here is what we are doing to help you during this time:
- We are triaging patients with eye emergencies over the phone, and if needed in person, to reduce the burden on Emergency Rooms. We will use whatever method of communication is convenient for you during this time of social distancing such as phone call, text message, FaceTime, or Skype.
- We are shipping your contact lens orders directly to you at no additional charge (3-7 day ground shipping). The order must include at least 1 pack per eye. If you need immediate overnight delivery there is a $29 overnight shipping charge.
- If your contact lens prescription expired recently or will expire soon, we will work with you to extend your prescription so that you can still order a 3-6 month supply of contacts. We want you to have enough contact lenses to get through these uncertain times while you wait to come in for your routine eye exam.
- We are recommending that you contact us immediately to order enough contact lenses for the next 3-6 months. We simply cannot guarantee that we’ll be able to distribute contact lenses in a timely manner should more companies temporarily close or have back orders. Just call or text us to place your contact lens order and get free shipping.
- We are providing complimentary “sample size” contact lens solution to all our patients (while supplies last). We know things can be scarce right now at grocery stores/supermarkets, so if you need extra contact lens solution please call or text us, and we will have it available for you to pick up. Regular size contact solution is also available for purchase while supplies last.
- If you lose or break your glasses, we can order a replacement pair of glasses for you based on your previous glasses order. We can ship the glasses to you, or you can pick them up by appointment. Our optical labs are American-based, and they are still producing lenses within 5-10 business days; however, we cannot guarantee any production times should more companies temporarily close or have back orders. Please be sure you order a replacement pair of glasses or a back-up pair immediately.
- We are accepting secure credit card payments over the phone for contact lens orders and glasses.
- Ortho-K and Myopia Management Patients – if your follow ups are rescheduled and you need more eye drops, cleaning solution, or additional lenses, please contact us for assistance.
- General Rx Refills – if you need a medication refill, please have your pharmacy send us a request for a refill, or contact us for further assistance.
I want to reassure you that your health and safety is of the highest importance to us. We are taking extra precautionary measures to protect you and your family while you visit our medical office. We understand that this is a difficult time and we all have to deal with these unexpected and drastic changes to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Together we will prevail!
It is truly an honor to be your eye care provider, and we look forward to serving you and your family for years to come.
If you need any additional clarification or information please don’t hesitate to call or text us at 585-427-0780, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Vadim Guy, OD, FAAO