Current Job Openings:
Optometric Technician – Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Optometric Technician to join our team. If you are energetic, pleasant, reliable, and enjoy helping patients in a private medical office, then this is the place for you! An ideal candidate is experienced, dedicated, and interested in advancing their career with continuous education and training.
- Collect and update patient demographic data, including information about the patient’s vision and medical history.
- Gather preliminary information, including visual acuity, auto-refraction, stereopsis, color vision, and iCare tonometry.
- Assist in diagnostic testing and eye exams, including visual field screening, retinal imaging, OCT, and corneal topography.
- Serve as a scribe for the doctor, document accurately in electronic health record system, upload and attach medical reports, and generate patient summaries.
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience as an Optometric/Ophthalmic Technician is required. Or a minimum of 1 year recent experience in an optometry/ophthalmology/optical setting is required. Relevant education and certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use technology and various optometric instruments/equipment.
- Ability to work with patients of all ages and nationalities.
- Must be extremely efficient, organized, and resourceful.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfort with face to face communication, and the ability to calm patients if they become nervous.
- Ability to read, write, type, and speak English at a proficient level that will foster effective communication with patients, staff, and other offices.
- Strong computer literacy required with good typing speed, familiarity with scanning and uploading documents, and using keyboard shortcuts.
- Must have at least a high school diploma.
- Must be available to work weekdays and some weekday evenings.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com