Current Job Openings:
Optometric/Ophthalmic Technician – Full Time
We’re looking for an experienced & dedicated individual who takes initiative to make sure patients are receiving the highest quality of eye care. If you are energetic, pleasant, reliable, and prefer working in a private eye care office, then send us your resume!
Must be available to work Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 am – 6:30 pm.
- Collect and update patient demographic data, including information about the patient’s vision and medical history.
- Gather preliminary information, including visual acuity, auto-refraction, stereopsis, color vision, and iCare tonometry.
- Assist in diagnostic testing and eye exams, including visual field screening, retinal imaging, OCT, and corneal topography.
- Prepare exam rooms between patients by sanitizing equipment and surfaces.
- Serve as a scribe for the doctor, document accurately in electronic health record system, upload and attach medical reports, generate patient summaries, and schedule follow up visits and referrals for specialty care.
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement. Place contact lens and trial lens orders, and schedule contact lens fitting follow ups.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience as an Optometric/Ophthalmic Technician is required. Or a minimum of 1 year recent experience in an optometry/ophthalmology/optical setting is required. Relevant education and certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Paraoptometric Certification (CPO, CPOA, or CPOT), or Ophthalmic Certification (COA, COAT, or COMT) is preferred.
- Ability to use technology and various optometric instruments/equipment.
- Ability to work with patients of all ages and nationalities.
- Must be extremely efficient, organized, and resourceful.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfort with face to face communication, and the ability to calm patients if they become nervous.
- Ability to read, write, type, and speak English at a proficient level that will foster effective communication with patients, staff, and other offices.
- Strong computer literacy required with good typing speed, familiarity with scanning and uploading documents, and using keyboard shortcuts.
- Must have at least a high school diploma.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday and some evenings.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com