Achieve clear vision naturally with Orthokeratology Corneal Refractive Therapy
Do you want clear vision during the day without glasses or contacts? You can correct myopia (nearsightedness) naturally while you sleep!
Ortho-K Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT) is a natural, non-surgical, FDA-approved solution for correcting myopia (nearsightedness). CRT lenses reshape the surface of your eye (cornea) while you sleep, resulting in clear vision during the day, so you can live your life without glasses or contacts!
Many of our patients with nearsightedness have successfully achieved clear vision, and no longer have to wear eyeglasses or contacts during the day.
Dr. Vadim Guy, OD, is a certified provider of Orthokeratology Corneal Refractive Therapy in Rochester NY for both adults and children. Dr. Guy specializes in myopia control, and pediatric and adolescent eye care.
Submit the form below to request a consultation with Dr. Guy and begin your journey to clear vision without daytime glasses and contact lenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR ORTHO-K CRT?
- Ortho-K CRT can be effective on farsighted, nearsighted (myopic), and astigmatic patients. Ideally, the prescription should be in the range of +2.00 to -6.00 with up to -1.75 diopters of surface astigmatism. In some cases patients with higher prescriptions may benefit as well. Dr. Guy will give you an expected outcome during the consultation based on your current prescription and your eye health.
IS ORTHO-K CRT A PERMANENT SOLUTION?
- It is permanent as long as you wear your CRT lenses at night. Patients who wear their CRT lenses as prescribed experience great vision during the day and well into the evening. Some patients are even able to wear their lenses every other night and still maintain their enhanced vision. However, if you completely stop wearing your lenses while sleeping, your vision will return to its original state before Ortho-K CRT.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ACHIEVE BETTER VISION?
- This depends on the prescription, age, and treatment goals. Higher prescriptions can take 2-4 weeks to achieve good vision for adults. Children’s corneas are more easily molded therefore the results in children are usually quicker. Some patients experience better vision just after one night of wearing the special lenses.
WHAT IS THE SUCCESS RATE OF ORTHO-K CRT?
- In global studies, the rate of success is very high, but it depends on your current prescription and treatment goals. During your initial consultation Dr. Guy will give you an expected outcome based on your current prescription and the health of your eyes.
IS ORTHO-K CRT COVERED BY MY INSURANCE?
- Ortho-K CRT is an elective solution for nearsightedness; therefore, you are responsible for the financial investment. If you consider the cost of purchasing new glasses or contact lenses every year based on your increasing prescription, Ortho-K usually costs less in the long run. Just like every person’s visual needs are different, the financial investment will vary between patients. Your financial investment for Ortho-K CRT will be discussed at the initial consultation.
CAN MY CHILD BENEFIT FROM ORTHO-K CRT?
- Global studies have shown that Ortho-K CRT can actually keep your child’s nearsightedness from getting worse, or in other words it can “control their myopia”. Ortho-K CRT is one of the most effective myopia control methods available today. Your child is a great candidate if they have a tendency to lose or abuse their glasses/contact lenses. Ortho-K CRT is an excellent solution for a child involved in sports who doesn’t want to wear glasses or contacts during the day.
Call us at 585-427-0780, or submit the form above to find out if you’re a candidate for Ortho-K. Dr. Guy will take the time to explain everything in detail during your Ortho-K Consultation!